Thursday 16 August 2012

Empty Blogging.Org - No Projects Available

There are many websites on the internet that are looking for professional bloggers and prospective employers / Article buyers, and these websites act like a platform for these supply - demand market where bloggers can find people who need them.

One of such websites is: Blogging.org. I happened to come across this site while reading one of the most famous blogger, Darren Rowse's blog called Problogger.net. Under the jobs board he lists "Write Articles & Get Paid! at Blogging.org" (click on the link to see the screen shot of this listing.) and it is that of a recent listing, dated 10 August (2012).



Once landed on this website, it gave me impression of a copy of popular freelance jobs portal, freelancer.com. It feels like a pure copy or might be use of similar website creating software or platform plugin. Anyways, the first thing to do as I landed on this website was Register, and again, unlike freelancer.com or other job portals, blogging platforms, it doesn't let you browse the current projects available without actually visiting your email inbox and confirming account.

Now, what I am going to write about this website in a few seconds, would actually make the entire registration / confirmation process really meaningless.

There are no projects available as of now, by now I mean: Wednesday, 15 August 2012, 22:50:30 PDT. Now this thing really puts me off about this website, it wasted a good enough 15 minutes of mine and in the last gave me nothing but a useless account and now I am imagining because I have a account with them, useless spam emails would keep on flowing in additionally as these all websites often make money by selling user information like Name, Email address, etc to third party marketing organisations, and because it was a confirmed email address, they might actually get paid more for selling my information to someone else without my consent on actually doing so and giving me zero profit out of this activity.


I was so much put off by this thing, that I decided to put my additional 15 minutes in actually writing a blog to make people aware that not everything good visible on internet even though from good sources is always good.

Things can be ugly quite often so be prepared for that and don't let such things put you off.

By the last statement I meant, I am not going to stop here, I will go on looking at more available websites for blogging, and if I found more such websites who are uselessly aiming at collecting user information, would continue sharing here on my blog.

Meanwhile have a look at these great blogging resources if you are one of millions aiming to make a living through Earning online sitting at home.






No comments:

Post a Comment