Wednesday 15 August 2012

A moment of joy, a feeling of achievement


Two years ago I wrote a small 2 A4 page sized article that I then planned to post online on a blog.

It was originally written in my handwriting while I was sitting in my college, observing my tutor. The article was about how my tutor inspired me to work harder in life to achieve my goals in life and reach at desired levels in life.
I used to observe her in class and even outside, everything about her used to excite me, her way of dealing with colleagues, addressing students, meeting with people, teaching students, helping students with solving their doubts and queries, etc.
She is a very active person; she is reachable on email at any time of the day and is very fast in her work approach. Her fast paced behaviour could give goose bumps to most active people, as her charisma was amazing and people would just get so much inspired by her all the time.

The one thing that I saw was really unique to her was her smile. She smiled all the time, no matter what she was doing. There wasn’t a moment in college or even outside if I ever got to see her after college hours of before college hours when she wasn’t in a happy and excited mood.
She used to tell us students in class about how much she loves teaching and she feels so blessed having teaching as her profession. May be her love for her work used to make her smile, her positive approach and work ethics made her really active whole day and so her charisma was so attractive that having her around them would just inspire people.

The article that I wrote about how much inspired I was by her, I never really published online on a blog, It was just there in a large pile of documents, and now over 2 years later I that article was actually written, I thought I would share it with my tutor, although she doesn’t teach me anymore, I keep in touch with her through emails and facebook.
So I decided to share the article with her.
The response I got was really overwhelming, it was so heart warming.
She wrote: “She had tears in her eyes after reading the article, and that she never really paid attention to her work manners and ethics” and she was really pleased that as her student I was paying so much attention to her behaviour and working style and was getting inspired by her without she even being aware of it actually happening.
She then thanked me for sharing that article with her, and said that she wished she had every single student like me in her classes. I felt really good by reading those words of her.

She has been one of my most favourite tutor, and it is a sense of achievement that a tutor (who is considered to be a godly figure in a person’s life) feels grateful for having taught her student.

I felt like I was in seventh sky that day. It was more of a heavenly experience than anything else, as I always dreamt of making my teachers, my parents feel proud of me, and here was this moment when my teacher, that too one of my most favourite teachers, clearly said to me that she wished she had all students in her class like me.

I was able to feel those words by her and was able to picture entire situation when she would have read my article and she had tears in her eyes and then she would have felt really happy and she wrote back to me such a nice email back.
Undoubtedly it felt amazingly great.
For a moment, I recalled Steve Jobs famous words “Insanely Great” although he meant insanely great computer machines, but I was feeling insanely great and content from my within.

I heartily thank God, my parents and my tutor for being there in my life and making my life so much worth it. Had they not been there for me by my side, I won’t have reached and become what I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment